Sunday, June 30, 2019

April-June haul

A part of my beauty goals for 2019 was no-buy January and no-buy March, which was very successful. And in February I managed only to buy 3 items.
Well from there things have been quite down hill... and here comes my haul for April, May and June:


An accumulated haul - replacements, backups etc.


I purchased two palettes

Two brushes and Inglot duraline

Vichy - Aqualia thermal hydrating serum (30 ml): As I am over half way done with my previous botle, I decided to pick up a backup, as I have really fallen in love with this product. Even though I was planning to go "stock free", but I guess I have to accept the fact that is really not my style at all.
Vichy - Aqualia thermal rehydrating cream light (50 ml): As I am getting so well along with the serum from this range I decided to grab the moisturizing cream also to use in the nearest future.
The body shop - Aloe calming toner (250 ml): as the Lumene toner did not work for me I decided to buy something tried and true, that does not irritate my perioral dermatitis so I went with this toner from The body shop.
Cutex care - Non acetone nail polish remover with coconut oil (200 ml): After I started working as cabin crew, my nails have become very soft, and tend to peeling. I have tried a few types of nail-strengthening nail-polishes, nothing showing any remarkable results. So now I decided to try a non-acetone nail polish remover, and I bumped into this one in Canada with coconut oil, so I decided to give it a try.
TanOrganic - self tan oil (100 ml): I have not tried any self-tanners for the body before, but I had gotten a tester for this oil last year, and as a matter of a fact I did like it. So I decided to jump on the o so popular self-tan train, and give this a try. Have I used it so far? No not really.
Drunk Elephant - Protini polypeptide cream (15 ml): This I got as a part of the Sephora birthday gift for 2019. I have tried it a few times and it works great for sunburned, dry and flaky skin.
The body shop - Vitamin E overnight serum-in-oil (28 ml): As the Inika rosehip oil turned out to be quite irritating for skin, again I decided to purchase something tried and true, and was this serum in oil the one I chose. I had already finished up a bottle of this product with good results for my perioral dermatitis, so I went with that again. 
Nuxe - Honey lip balm (15 g): As I decluttered the Laneige overnight lip balm, I decided to go for something more organic and sensitive skin friendly, and as a friend of mine has raved about this product I decided to give it a try.
Drunk Elephant - Beste No. 9 jelly cleanser (30 ml): This I also got as a part of the Sephora birthday gift for 2019 and am I quite excited to give it a try.
Inglot - Eyeshadow in 164 (3,3 g): As Inglot in Iceland was closing and hosting a 40% discount on everything I decided to go on a lookout for a dupe for my favorite pink eyeshadow. My favorite is from Boots, this is not a 100% dupe, but comes quite close, the one from Boots is a bit brighter and was I choosing between color 164 and J301 the pink satin color from the JLo line. But that was a bit too peachy compared to the one from Boots. It didn't take me long after I got the color home, I got a big buyers remorse. In retrospect I fell into the pit of discount offers, which was one of my goals not to fall into. Well you live and you learn.
Clinique - Chubby stick, shadow tint for eyes in 04 ample amber (3 g): This shadow I had been eyeing for over a year, or ever since Meg says raved about it in her duty free haul. It is a beautiful golden/copper color, and can be sheered out to a beautiful sheen of a color. Still I am a bit overwhelmed of the cream eye shadow products I have in my collection, which now adds up to three pencils and two pots, one of which is a part of my beauty goals for 2019
Becca - Becca X Khloé Kardashian & Malika Haqq Bronze, blush and glow palette - Made with love by Khloé (12 g): It for sure was not a planned purchase to buy this Becca palette, but when I saw it was on a 40% discount in Sephore, I just could not resist, and even managed to tempt my friend into buying one. But hey when a Becca face palette with 4 shades retails for 26.40 USD it is just too good of a deal to pass up, especially when you do not own any Becca products. It contains a highlighter, two blushes and a bronzer and so far it performs beautifully, not too pigmented at all.
Tarte - Maneater eye shadow palette vol 2 (9 g): This had been on my wish list for a few months. But I had not tired any Tarte eyeshadows, or any Tarte product before I purchased this palette. But with the manageable size and everyday colors, it can be the perfect everyday palette. It has a faint sweet chocolate scent to it, and have I used this as my main eye shadow palette for the month of June. It might be a bit drying on my eyelids, as after a few day wear I started to get flaky skin in my crease, but I am now trying to use an eye shadow primer first and then the shadows, so I will see if that is not working better, than applying it straight to my eyelids. 
Zoeva - 100 Luxe face finish: I had heard so many good reviews about this brush online, and as it is a mix of natural and synthetic bristles I decided to buy it. As I tend to prefer natural bristle brushes for powder products. And I intend to use it for my hourglass powder trio.
Zoeva - 230 Luxe pencil (rose golden): I opted to grab this brush also, at the same time from Beauty Bay with the other Zoeva brush, as the 100 brush didn't fulfill the minimum for a free shipping, so I actually broke one of the rules for my Beauty goals for 2019 - which included only buying two brushes this year.
Inglot - Duraline (9 ml): This I also bought as Inglot is closing in Iceland, and had all of their products on 40% off, but I have heard so many good things about this product, as it can revive dried up liquid eyeliners and creams. So I snatched one up to have on hand.

So am I planning a no-buy month coming July? No but am for sure going to keep my purchases in check, maybe, max buy 1 item. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment