Monday, June 17, 2019

Discontinued products due to perioral dermatitis

The last time I posted a summary of items I have stopped using due to perioral dermatitis was in April 2016. So I guess I have been quite lucky regarding to the products I have been using since then, as they have not seemed to aggravate my perioral dermatitis to the point it has caused a flare up. Well until now that is.

But now there are three products that seem to have caused a flare up with my perioral dermatitis 

The tree discontinued products


Laneige - lip sleeping mask (20 g): This I bought last year in the US at a whopping price of 20 USD. Sadly it seems to irritate my perioral dermatitis, BUT of the three products I am decluttering it does irritate my POD (perioral dermatitis) the least. But this I gave to a friend, hoping she will have better luck with it than I did.
Lumene - Soft touch hydrating toner, for dry to normal skin (200 ml): This is as a matter of a fact one of my favorite brands, so the fact that this toner did not work for me, almost broke my heart. But this product in conjunction with the next one, seemed to cause quite an irritation with my POD. My skin around my mouth became red and irritated, borderline "inflamed". But a nature-homeopathic "doctor" I saw thinks the chemical Peg-10 is the main culprit as she claims all the Peg chemicals wreck havoc with the skin barrier. If that is true or not, I have no idea, but the Peg-10 chemical in this product was one of the first five ingredients, so that gives the idea that there is a lot of Peg-10 in the toner. So I will for sure try to stay away from Peg ingredients in the near future.
Inika truly organic - Pure rosehip oil (15 ml): This also aggravated my skin, which is quite surprising, as it is a pure organic rosehip oil, which is supposed to be really good for perioral dermatitis. So the fact it did not work for me is quite annoying as well as it was a birthday gift from my parents. 

Has anything not worked for you lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment