Sunday, December 31, 2017

Beauty goals for 2018

Now at the start of a new year, it is time to pick out which 10 items to finish up, or hit pan on in the year of 2018. And considering how poorly I did with the products on my beauty goals in 2017 - I will have to aim to finish one product a month approximately this coming year to keep the ball rolling, and manage to finish the items before the end of the year.

 Hair, cream and nail polish products to use up in 2018
Foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow and a blush to use up in 2018

The ten items I picked this year are the following:
Dove - Intense repair overnight cream (120 ml): a little less than 1/3 of the hair cream is left, and the mission this year is to finish it up.
The body shop - Vitamin C skin boost (30 ml): of this cream probably 6-10 ml remain, and will aim to finish it up in the year to come.
Bourjois Paris - Happy light luminous serum primer (15 ml): I have only used this primer a handful of times, so it's about time to get some good use out of it, and finish it up.
Dove - Repair therapy, Colour radiance hair mask (200 ml): a decent mask for hair, there are only a handful of applications left in the tub, but it's about time to finish it up.
Wet and wild - nailpolish in the colour 442A (14 ml): one of my oldest nail polishes I have in my collection, and also the one that has the least amount of product left, estimating somewhere inbetween 4-6 ml left. Goal? To finish it up, or use it until it gets to thick to work with.
Victoria's secret - Unwrap me, beauty rush, whipped cream and winter pear, body dial-a-shimmer lotion (200 ml): a lovely shimmering body lotion, where you can adjust the level of shimmer you pump out each time. Goal? To finish it.
Estée Lauder - Double wear, stay in place powder makeup SPF 10 (16 g) - colour 2N2 Fresco 01: One of my oldest foundations, and I have actually already hit pan on it, so this year I am going to make an effort to use it up completely. But it might proof to be hard to do as the pan is quite thick on the sides. 
Lancome le crayon kohl noir (0,7 g): this item is a roll over product from last year. And starts the year 2018 at 3,5 cm long.
Maybelline - depotted eyeshadow in a champagne shimmery colour: this is also a roll over product from last year, the goal remains to hit pan - which seams to be harder than one could imagine.
Clinique - Blush in Fig (1,8 g): this is a blush I got as a gift with purchase, but as the pan in that palette was so tiny I decided to depot it into this empty Elf pan, which makes it so much easier to use. But I would love to finish this blush this year, specially when it is only 1,8 grams - and I have used some of it already. But I find it amazing how much 1,8 g is really, it sounds as a tiny amount, but this will take some time to use up though.

My second goal for this year, is to put a 12 item limit for the year of new makeup products and nail polishes (so I guess I would say a 12 item limit on color cosmetics). As I have more makeup than I can ever use, I really want to purchase fewer items, and get to use and enjoy the items I already have this year.

What are your goals for 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment