Monday, December 25, 2023

Project pan 2023 - final results

So how did I do on my project pan for 2023. Well first of all I did remove one item from the lot quite early on, that was the French lavender and honey fragrance mist from Bath and Body works. As the bottle was huge, and I did really not fancy the scent after all, and decided to sell it in a second hand shop booth I had booked in October. That fragrance mist unofficially got replaced with the perfume I attempted to finish in 2021: Our moment by One direction which is a whopping 100 ml bottle.

The 10 products I focused on in 2023

Update on usage


Supergoop - Zink Screen SPF 40 (50 ml):
Weight at the start of 2023 (with packaging and cap): 85 gr
Goal: Finish it
Weight at the end of 2023: 56 gr - which means I used about 18 g of sunscreen.
Estée Lauder - Pure color creme lipstick in Rose tea (0.12 oz/3.4 g):
Length at the start of 2023: measured from plastic base: 2.4 cm
Goal: Finish it
Length at the end of 2023: 1.9 cm
Becca - First light priming filter (15 ml):
Weight at the start of 2023 (with packaging and cap): 16 g
Goal: Finish it
End of 2023: finished (empty packaging weighs 5 g)
Elizabeth Arden - Green tea honey drops body cream (500 ml):
Weight at the start of 2023 (with packaging and cap): 245 g
Goal: Finish it
End of 2023: finished, empty packaging weighs 67 g, which means I used up about 178 g of product.
Caudalie - Beauty elexir (30 ml):
Estimated product at the start of 2023: 1/3 
Goal: Finish it
End of 2023: finished
One direction - our moment eau de parfum (100 ml):
I replaced the body spray from Bath and body works for this parfum I had tried to finish in 2021, at the end of 2021 it weighed 304 g - I did not weigh it at the start of this project but now at the end of 2023 it weighs 278 g. So I assume over two years I managed to finish 26 g of parfum.
Kiehls - Midnight recovery concentrate (4 ml):
Amount left at the start of 2023: Just below half
Goal: Finish it
End of 2023: Finished.
Sensai - Bronzing gel in BG 62 Amber bronze (50 ml):
Weight at the start of 2023 (with packaging and cap): 64 g
Goal: Use 10 g of it
Weight at the end of 2023: 64 g - so instead of 10 g, I ended up using less than 1 g
Fenty Beauty - Match stick, matte skinstick in Amber (7.10 g):
Start of 2023: When fully screwed down, the product sticks out 6 mm from the packaging.
Goal: To use enough product that when it is fully screwed down, the product will not stick out at all.
End of 2023: it still sticks out about 3 mm - and that even I did use it considerably to contour.
Becca - Under eye brightening corrector (2.3 g): 
Weight at the start of 2023 (with packaging and cap): 23 g
Goal: Use it up
Weight at the end of 2023: 23 g - and this is even when I really tried to focus on this product

Other goals for 2023:
1. No colored lipstick nor lip-gloss purchase in 2023 - well that was a fail as I bought 3 lip products over the course of the year. 
2. No mascara purchase in 2023, second year in a row - I brought 2 of them into the year - one mini came with the birthday present from Sephora, the other I bought in Tukey. 
3. Use a face mask once a week - that I did perhaps manage 12 times vs. 52 times.
4. Only buy one colored cosmetics per month - or 12 items in the year 2023 - This I did in the end actually stick to, even counting an unexpected product I bought in Copenhagen, but I can add to this number three testers or deluxe sample size products, two from Ilia and one from Rose inc.

So what is the total number of colored cosmetics I brought into my stash in 2023?

Ilia - The necessary eyeshadow palette in cool nude
Maybelline - eyeshadow in nude glow
Inglot - matte eyeshadow in 356
RMS Beauty - Buriti bronzer
Kjær Weis - brown eyeliner
Nars - gloss in Turkish delight
Elf - Halo glow liquid filter
Golden Rose - City style mascara
Glossier - eyeshadow trio in Almond
Ilia - Multi stick in at last (mini)
Ilia - Limitless mascara (mini)
Rose inc - tinted serum (tester)
Mac - all that glitters eyeshadow
Bare minerals - multitasking concealer
Nilens Jord - Second skin concealer

Then of course all the products I consider not to be of a color, for example 2 lip balms/oils, nail strengthener, 8 makeup brushes, creams, cleansers, body lotions, facial sprays, a scented body spray, mascara primer and hair products. For 2024 I really need to take firm course of action to stop this serious hoarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment