Saturday, December 31, 2022

Project pan 2022 - final results

So now it's time for the final results of my project pan 2022 - (compared to how things looked at the beginning of 2022)


Products in my project pan 2022

Progress of a Mac paint-pot and Milani powder



Yves Saint Laurent - Volupté tint in oil - No. 4 (6 ml): 
Weight at the start of 2022 (with packaging - as for all of the products): 20 g 
Wight at the end of 2022: 18 g (without stopper)
Goal: Finish it
Did I reach my goal: YES
Milk Makeup – Lip+Cheek – Werk (6 g): 
Weight at the start of 2022: 20 g 
Wight at the end of 2022: 18 g
Goal: Use this as my primary cheek product for 2022
Did I reach my goal: No, nowhere close, but maybe something close to 2 g?
Elizabeth Arden – Green tea honey drops body cream (500 ml):
Weight at the start of 2022: 368 g
Weight at the end of 2022: 245 g
Goal: Finish it up
Did I reach my goal: No, but I did use 123 grams of product, and this from the look of it, I have managed to use half of the product that was in the jar at the start of the year. 
Estée Lauder – Advanced night repair (7 ml): 
Weight at the start of 2022: 16 g 
Weight at the end of 2022: 12 g
Goal: Use it up
Did I reach my goal: YES
Grande lash MD – Lash enhancing serum (2 ml): 
Weight at the start of 2022: 20 g 
Wight at the end of 2022: 18 g
Goal: Use it 2x a week
Did I reach my goal: Well no, but I started the year out by using it 2x a week, that soon faded into nothing. Then when I visited this product again in November and used it a few times in a row, my eyes became super watery in the morning. And after watching a Youtube video about the active ingredient in this serum I did not want to use it again, and poured the remaining product out.
Lumene – Instant glow beauty serum (30 ml):
Weight at the start of 2022: 70 g 
Weight at the end of 2022: 65 g 
Goal: Finish it up
Did I reach my goal: YES
Lancóme – Hydra Zen Jelly mask (15 ml): 
Weight at the start of 2022: 18 g 
Weight at the end of 2022: 11 g
Goal: Use it up
Did I reach my goal: Not quite, but did use 7 grams according to the weigh in.
Mac – Pro long wear paint pot – Groundwork (5 g): 
Weight at the start of 2022: 53 g 
Weight at the end of 2022: 53 g
Goal: See a difference in the dip in the pan
Did I reach my goal: No, I kind of put this product aside, and continued to use up the Gina Tricot eyeshadow that was a part of my Beauty goals for 2021
Milani – Prep+Set+Glow illuminating transparent powder (8,5 g): 
Weight at the start of 2022: 43 g 
Weight at the end of 2022: 42 g
Goal: Hit pan
Did I reach my goal: No, but I did use it as my main setting powder for the entire year 2022 - and according to this I barely used 1 gram of product, and even less as I had to scrape a hard pan from the top of this powder. 
Clarins – Lipliner pencil – 02 nude beige (1,2 g): 
Length at the start of 2022: 12 cm 
Length at the end of 2022: 11.6 cm
Goal: Use 2 cm of product
Did I reach my goal: No, I did not even reach quarter of the goal I had set for the year.

 
This year I decided to add on a few extras:
Crest – Noticeably white whitestrips – dental whitening kit (20 total strips):
Number of packs at the start of 2022: 5 packs of strips
Number of packs at the end of 2022: 0
Goal: Use it up
Did I reach my goal: YES
Dr. Bragi – Marine enzyme intensive treatment mask (10 ml):
Number of masks: 1
Goal: Use it
Did I reach my goal: YES
Skyn Iceland - Hydro cool firming face gels for forehead (6 g):
Number of masks: 1
Goal: Use it
Did I reach my goal: YES
Bio Effect – eye mask (2 sheets x 1,25 g):
Number of masks: 1
Goal: Use it
Did I reach my goal: YES

Other goals for 2022 were:
  1. Use eye shadows I own, to make similar looks to palettes I would like to own - did I reach this goal? Not so much.
  2. Keep an ongoing wish list - this I have done all year, and managed only to buy one eye palette 
  3. Use a face mask once a week - this maybe stuck with me for 12 weeks - then it was forgotten, but I do plan to make it a goal of 2023.
  4. De-clutter old items from my collection - this I did yes, when I decluttered one eyshadow palette, a eyeshadow single and four lip products out of my stash. 
  5. Use nail polish once a month - maybe used in January and February
  6. No mascara purchase in 2022 - I did buy one mini one as a part of the Sephora Favorites set.
  7. No nail polish purchase in 2022 - I did not buy one, but was gifted one as a part of the Guinot Advent calendar 
  8. No body lotion purchase in 2022 - fail as I did buy one small one from Sol DeJanero. 

Out of the ten main products in this project pan, I managed to hit my goal with three of them, which turns out to be a better result than from the two previous years 2021 and 2020. Even though 3 out of 10 does not sound so good, which makes me want to do better in 2023.

Do you have too much makeup and could do with a "project pan"?

No comments:

Post a Comment