Thursday, May 31, 2018

USA haul

So as my summer job for 2018 as a flight attendant will bring me to the United States of America several times over the course of the next few months, so here come the hauls for beauty products for my first three stops:

Haul one

So in my first stop over in Seattle, I managed to pick a few items up:
Elf - eye shadow brush (1 $ + tax @Target)- I bought this one as a backup for an older similar Elf eye shadow brush, but sadly they have changed the hair bristles. And it does a terrible job at applying color to my eyelid. I have to try it on more eye shadows, but now I can only see it being used wet to apply pigments, or wet eye shadow - as it does an ok job at that.
Estée Lauder - advanced night repair serum (7 ml) (16 $ + tax @Nordstrom Rack) - I have really wanted to try this serum out for some time, but as my skin can't handle any given product, I really wanted to be able to try it out before investing in a full size bottle. And finally I stumbled upon a small sample bottle, and can't wait to try it out
Elf - pencil sharpeners - set of 2 - (1.22 $ + tax @Target) - I wanted to buy a closed pencil sharpener, for two sized pencils to put in my cosmetics bag, ready to go with me to work, and this one fitted the bill, and on at a superior price. 
Shea moisture - African black soap with shea butter, troubled skin/severely dry skin (230 g) (5.99 $ + tax @Target) - 
Two oceans - Soothing Aloe Vera, Purifying charcoal - Deep cleansing charcoal soap bar (225 g) (3.99 $ @Ross) - I just couldn't resist picking this soap up as it is made in South Africa, and contains Aloe Vera and is black in color, as the African black soap, so it might work perfectly for my perioral dermatitis, if not I can always use it as a body soap in my shower. 



Haul two


Sephora - Pro brow brush no. 20 (18 $ + tax @Sephora) - I grabbed this to put in my travel makeup bag - to go with the brow powder duo. And it performs perfectly.
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow powder duo - soft brown (2 x 0.8 g) (23 $ + tax @Sephora). I asked for assistance at Sephora, and was recommended the auburn shade, as I have a hint of red tones in my hair, but did not dare to venture in that direction, and she tried this on me and it looked great in the store. But in retrospect as I continue to wear it I feel like it is a bit to warm for my brows, so I might actually return this color and exchange it for medium brown.
Mac - eye shadow in Kid (6 $ + tax @Mac) - as this is possibly a limited edition re-launch I decided to pick this shadow up, as I had heard so much about it on Youtube as the perfect crease color. And I am constantly on a hunt for one of those. 


Haul three

Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush- detail smudge no. 230 (11 $ + tax @Target) - as I busted my Elf detail crease brush, which I used as a smudge brush, I decided to pick this one up in Target.
Neutrogena - makeup remover cleansing towelettes - 25 ultra-soft cloths (6.29 S + tax @Target). A friend of mine recommended these towelettes, and said they get off all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara. So I grabbed the type that comes in the plastic tub, which will be very convenient on the go.


So by now I have successfully finished my entire original quota (of 12 items) of color cosmetics for the entire year of 2018.
I had a very similar project/goal going on in 2013 - except in that particular project I did not count any purchases into the total count that I purchased abroad. With that in mind and considering I have only finished five items from the haul I made in Seattle in 2013, and two of those items being mascaras, I really have to start using my products more before I hoard any more. Still I am going to raise the total number of colored cosmetic purchases for the year 2018 to total of 18 items. But those remaining six items left then for this years quota have to be considered carefully before purchasing. And they have to have a very particular function in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment