Friday, May 11, 2018

One month haul

So in the month of April, I managed to use up my "quota" for seven months!

April haul

As I had space for two eye shadows in my Inglot palette, and Inglot in Iceland was running an offer of buy one item, and get the second free, I decided to get tow colors; 423 (a purple brown eye shadow, with a bit of a red undertone) and 337 (a light crease color, with a hint of a pink undertone). So now I have a complete 5 pan Inglot palette, a mix of cool and warm shades. And I love them all, great pigmentation and blend-ability. I am truly hooked on Inglot now and am eyeing a few more shades for future purchase.
At Gatwick airport I picked up the Urban Decay - Naked 2 - eye shadow palette. It has been on my wish-list for a few years, and as my sister and nephews had given me cash designated for an UD palette, I took advantage of the great price at the airport.
As I was wandering around the streets of London, I decided to drop in on the Burberry Flagship store on Regent Street, and take a closer look at the Burberry eye shadows, which I have heard SO much about, but never seen in person before. In particular I swatched Pale barley and Almond, but opted for the Burberry eye shadow in Almond no. 103, as my online research showed that a combination of Urban Decays Naked 2 shadows; Suspect and YDK mixed together, looks very similar to Pale Barley (see here).
As with so many other things, I fell for an offer at Lily Lolo where they offered free shipping, so I grabbed the Lily Lolo BB cream in light, as I had heard so many good things about it in relation to perioral dermatitis.
And thanks to Jennifer Lopez collaboration with Inglot and the launch of the limited JLO x Inglot collection, I fell into temptation, and bought an JLO x Inglot eye shadow in Lilac grey (J307), on retrospect it is a very similar color to UD Busted in the Naked 2 palette. Though Busted has a bit more brown hue to it, than Lilac grey.
The one item that does not count towards my quota, is the Sigma eye shadow brush in E45. I had heard so many good reviews online about this brush for hooded eyes, so I went for it when Fotia.is was offering a discount.
As with the Burberry cosmetics, I had never been to a Charlotte Tilbury counter before, until I visited one in Selfridges on Oxford Street in London. But as I already have so much makeup, I could really not justify buying another eye shadow palette, blush or a lipstick. But as I only own three other lip liners, and none of them in a similar color to the Charlotte Tilbury lip liner/lip cheat in Pillow talk, I could justify one lip liner.

So with that said, I have now purchased whopping ten items this year of my twelve item limit for the year of 2018 - and it is only May! 

My oh my, how am I going to cope with my work bringing me to the states several times this summer? I might have tor raise my limit this year - if I double it, it would be 24 items this year, which still in my opinion is way too much! I might consider multiplying it with 1,5, giving me a limit of 18 items in the year 2018 - which undoubtedly has a nice ring to it. I will keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment