Sunday, January 7, 2024

Project pan 2024

I just finished giving you an update on my project pan for 2023, now it's onwards and upwards to choose the items I plan to focus on for 2024!! Usually I pick 10 products, but this year, I chose 16 items in total. So why 16 you might ask? Well four items are sample size, and some of the products I do not plan to finish per se, but more get some use out of, so I decided to add a few more items onto the project this year.

A few of the products I plan to focus on in 2024


The blusher, bronzers, concealers and eyeshadow for 2024


Lipstick, cream eyeshadow and cream blusher for 2024


So here come the products I chose for 2024:
Clinique - Take the day off cleansing balm (125 ml):
Weight at the start of 2024: 140 g
Goal: Finish it 
Why: About 1/4th of the product remains, and as I bought it in 2018, and the fact it takes up a lot of space in my small bathroom cabinet it is time to push to finish it. I would purchase again though, but I just have too many makeup removers at the moment, and need to finish a few of them before purchasing any more
The body shop - Cool cucumber softening body butter (200 ml): 
Weight at the start of 2024: 207 g
Goal: Finish it
Why: It is one of the oldest body creams in my arsenal, and it has started to separate, the cream from the oils. So it's now or never, and I hope to finish it early on in the year.
Mario Badescu - Facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater (236 ml):
Amount remaining at the start of 2024: The remaining product in the bottle reaches just above the upper part of the label. Even though I had decanted some of this product into another bottle I take to work, so in reality I have more product remaining of this facial spray than this bottle by itself suggests. 
Goal: Use 1/3 of this bottle by the end of 2024
Why: This is the "oldest" facial spray in my stash so it makes sense to hone in on it as my main facial spray for 2024
Smashbox - Photo finish foundation primer (7.1 ml): 
At the start of 2024: Unused
Goal: Finish it
Why: I have too many samples laying around and it would be perfect to finish some of them in 2024
Caudalie - Vinoperfect radiance serum complexion correcting (10 ml):
Goal: Finish it
Why: I had intended to take this to work with me, but as the product leaked during one of my flights, I decided it would be better off staying at home to be used up in 2024.
Ecooking - Primer (30 ml):
Remaining amount at the start of 2024: Almost full, the product just does not "touch" the top of the bottle.
Goal: Use about half of the bottle.
Why: This is not my oldest primer in my stash, but as it is an organic primer, I assume it will not have as long of a shelf life as the other ones I have - so I thought it would be a good idea to get some use out of it before it goes off. 
Sensai - Total lip gloss (4.5 ml):
Weight at the start of 2024: 26 grams
Goal: Use it up
Why: It is getting up there in age and as it is a clear gloss it is perfect for everyday use.
Charlotte Tilbury - Lip cheat re-shape and re-size lip liner in pillow talk (1.2 g):
Length at the start of 2024: 11.7 cm
Goal: Use 1 cm of it
Why: I did not focus on a lip liner last year and I think it would pair perfectly with the clear lip gloss.
Benefit - Hervana blush (8 g):
Weight at the start of 2024 (without the included brush): 41 g 
Goal: The goal with this item is not so much to use it up, but more focus on it and get some use out of it.
Why: At the moment these light pink blushes are very trendy, so it is a perfect time to incorporate this blush into my project pan 2024
The body shop - Bronzing powder shade 03 medium matte (11 g): 
Weight at the start of 2024: 48 g
Goal: Use it up
Why: It is my only bronzer that has any pan at the moment, and is a perfect shade to focus on over the winter. I will miss it from my collection though (as it is a discontinued product). It never looks muddy on the face and compliments my skin tone very well. 
Miild - Natural mineral concealer duo in 01 light ample (2.4 g):
Weight at the start of 2024: 46 g
Goal: Form dents into the two pans - and use it on the day to day on a no makeup-makeup days, when I keep my makeup to a bare minimum with mascara and concealer. 
Why: Again I focus on this product as it is a more organic/clean product and I assume it has a shorter lifespan than the average non-clean product. 
Bourjois - Smokey eyes 09 vert de gris eyeshadow trio (4.5 g):
Weight at the start of 2024: 22 g
Goal: Finish it
Why: Because I would love to finish a smaller eyeshadow palette in my collection and get a feeling that I am gaining some process on my collection, and this trio already has two pans in it. On the plus side cool shades seem to be in fashion for 2024 so even better to be focusing on this in particular.
Clinique - True bronze pressed powder bronzer in Sunblushed (1.3 g):
Weight at the start of 2024: 13 g
Goal: Use it up
Why: It is amongst the oldest products in my collection, as I do not even remember how I got it in the first place. It must have been some kind of a gift with purchase years ago. And it would make the perfect summer bronzer with a tad bit shimmer. Plus it would be great to be able to use two bronzers up in 2024 and make room for new bronzers in my collection.
Nars - Audacious lipstick in Anna (4.2 g):
Length at the start of 2024: 2.2 cm from the plastic base
Goal: Use 1 cm of it
Why: I tend to focus on one lipstick for the year. As I tend to wear one at work, and this is a perfect color that works for most of the year! I have tried to finish a few lipsticks in the last few years, but I never seem to manage to completely finish one up, so I decided to put a moderate 1 cm goal for the year 2024.
Clinique - Chubby stick shadow tint for eyes 04 ample amber (3 g): 
Length at the start of 2024: 2.5 cm fully screwed up
Goal: Use 0.5 cm of product
Why: I tend to focus on one cream eyeshadow for each year, and now this one is getting older in my collection and has gone unused in my collection so it was ideal to get some use out of it.
NudeStix - Nudies all over face dewy color in Bohemian rose (1.8 g): 
Length at the start of 2024: 1.6 cm
Goal: Use it up
Why: It is a mini, and has gone unused until the end of 2023, when I gave it a try to see if it would be possible to use in my project pan for 2024. And OMG this product is SO pigmented, so pigmented in fact it is borderline difficult to work with. Perhaps it is because it is getting older and dried out, but omg how can people then use the full size of similar products from this brand?

Other goals for 2024:
1. No face mist purchase in 2024
2. No mascara purchase in 2024
3. No primer purchase in 2024
4. No cream or serum purchase in 2024 (unless I am out of that particular type of product)
5. Maximum purchase one makeup brush in 2024
6. Maximum purchase of two colored lip products in 2024
7. Use a face mask once a week
8. Use a face mist at work

No comments:

Post a Comment