Sunday, July 23, 2023

April - July haul 2023

So here is the update on my continued shopping spree of 2023 - this one is spray and brush heavy!! 


Haul in April - July

Testers + samples

Carroten face mask


Dior - Diorshow maximizer 3D triple action lash-primer serum (10 ml): I had been curious about this white mascara primer trend. I am not completely sold on it, I just find it a bit of a kefaffle of an extra step while putting on my makeup.
Nars - Afterglow lip shine gloss in Turkish delight (5.5 ml): This gloss Kim Kardashian made famous years ago. It has been on my radar for years, and in spite of one of my main goals for 2023 was not to buy a colored lip product during the year (as I have more than enough of them). But this product is BEAUTIFUL with a medium dark mauve pink lip liner! 
Moroccanoil - Brumes du Maroc fragrance mist (30 ml): This I had been eying for a few months, all since I bought the Moroccanoil body oil, as I loved the smell of it - this has a very similar scent, but still it smells less jucy than the body oil. 
Bioeffect - Osa water mist (60 ml): This I got tempted to buy in the duty free store in Iceland on my way to my summer holiday. Have not tried it yet as I have way too many facial spreys.
Mac - Prep+Prime Fix+ Goldlite (100 ml): I ran into this product at Nordstrom Rack, and got seriously tempted, did I need it? No! Did I buy it? Yes.
Nailberry - Strengthen & breathe base coat (15 ml): I had no intention to buy any more nail-polish products in this year, but I had a remaining credit in Elira from a birthday gift, and they were promoting 20% off everything, so I decided to finish it before it would expire or worse yet, I would forget about it.
Sol de Janero - Rio radiance cream - Cheriosa 87 fragrance - Illuminating mica (75 ml): I love the smell of this body lotion, and the shimmer radiance it gives off, it is perfect for summer. I was seriously tempted to buy the bigger size, but decided to opt for the smaller one, as I have more than enough body lotions stashed away. 
Rose Inc - Blush brush no.2: I was scouting for a blush brush to blend out cream blushes, and I was debating between this one and Sephora no. 47, but that one was sold out in 3 Sephora stores I visited during the Sephora sale this spring. Rose Inc were promoting a discount at the same time so I grabbed this one - to my surprise though, I still prefer to blend 2 out of my 3 cream blushes with my fingers.
It Cosmetics - Heavenly luxe complexion perfection brush no. 7:
Sephora - Pro crease 26 + pro crease 24: During the Sephora sale this spring, I was able to grab these brushes. And wow, did these blow my mind, I previously had some prejudice against the Sephora line - and gosh was I wrong! Now I want every brush they make!
Hourglass - Ambient powder brush: This I grabbed at Toronto airport as our flight was delayed, and we had some extra time to wonder around the airport. Oh my gosh, who knew you could even find Pat McGrath at an airport. But this brush was considerably cheaper at the airport - and it even came with a travel pouch, that snaps close with a magnetic snap. 
Rose Inc - Reusable cosmetics rounds: With my purchase from Rose Inc I could choose two testers, so I chose this one and the next one.
Rose Inc - Skin enhance luminous tinted serum in color 040 (6 ml): I had been super curious about this product, so to be able to get a sample with purchase was perfect. 
Marc Inbane - Perle de soleil tanning drops (1 ml): They were giving these away at Kringlan shopping mall in Iceland during some midnight opening early this summer. I had been curious about this brand, but with 1 ml I am not even sure I can get an idea about the brand.
Kalliston - Sun protect cream spf 30 (2 ml): This I got as a gift with purchase while on holiday in Crete. I will throw this in my suitcase for work and it will for sure be used - not sure I will put it on my face though, as I tend to be sensitive to ingredients in sun lotions.
Pharm aid - Aloe treasures - Intimate care mild antiseptic cleansing liquid (5 ml): At first I just assumed this was an aloe vera gel as there were big pictures of aloe vera plants on the tester - it was jus now I realized it is an "intimate mild cleanser" - which I find hilarious. 
Carroten - Be cool after sun face mask (20 ml): I bought this while on holiday in Crete - as it would be the perfect facial pamper in the sun. 

Now I really need to reel it in and stop purchasing brushes and facial sprays and focus on using some of these items up. As a matter of fact, I am over these shopping sprees - or so I keep telling myself, that might also have something to do with the fact I have a closet full of clothes I am planning to sell in one of these second hand store this autumn, and I have also uploaded some of them in one of the online stores in Iceland. 

So now it is more out with the old - and let's not drag too much in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment