Saturday, January 11, 2020

Beauty goals for 2020

Since the year 2017 I have chosen 10 beauty products each year to focus on for the year, this year being no different.

The products for my beauty goals for 2020

So here come the ten products I decided to focus on for the year 2020, and the reasons why I chose them:
Yves Saint Laurent - Volupté tint in oil - No. 4 (6 ml): Remaining product with packaging 25 g: As this is a lip oil I purchased a few years back, so it is about time for me to use it up, before the oil in the product goes off and becomes unusable. As well as this seems to be a discontinued product from YSL.
Bourjois Paris - Happy light luminous serum primer (15 ml): Remaining product with packaging 56 g: This is the first of two roll over products from 2019. There is just a tiny little bit left, but a small amount goes a long way, and in all honesty I really need a one give me product or two.
Jucy Couture - Viva La Jucy eau de parfum spray (50 ml): Remaining product with packaging 291 g: As this is one of my older perfumes, it is about time for me to use it up before it goes bad. I love the smell far to much to let it go to waste, plus the fact that the color of the perfume seems to have darkened a little bit, which could be an indicator that the scent is about to turn off.
Elizabeth Arden - Green tea honey drops body cream (500 ml): Remaining product with packaging 427 g: So many of my friends have recommended this body cream, so I bought it at the CPH airport a few years back, and have barely used it. As it is an expensive product, and contains mineral oil (which I try not to buy these days), it is due time for it to get used up!
Origins - Drink up 10 minute mask to quench skin's thirst (100 ml): Remaining product with packaging 44 g:This is a roll-over product from 2019. No matter how much effort I put into finishing this product last year I just was not able to finish it. So now in 2020 I really have to grab the bull by the horns and put mask Mondays firmly into place and knock this product out.
Maybelline - Color Sensational lipstick - 235 Warm me up (4,2 g): Remaining product from base of lipstick 2,3 cm: This is one of the older lipstick I own, and seems not to agree with my perioral dermatitis, but I do love the color and want to use it up. I mainly use it for work, and I do not go in every day, so my skin seems to tolerate it in moderate dosages. When it is done, I am for sure going to get a Mac lipstick that is super similar in Modesty - sometime in the future - right after the project? Hopefully not, as I have a lot of lip products to burn through.
Victoria's Secret - Lip gloss (13 g): Remaining product with packaging 15 g: One of the oldest lip glosses I own, and way due to get used up.
Youngblood - Mineral rice setting powder - Medium (10 g): Remaining product with packaging 36 g: Actually this is my only loose powder, but I have several setting powders that I have not broken into yet, in any real way. So I want to knock this one out, to have one less setting powder in my stash.
Alix Avien - Pearly eyeshadow - Bronze: Remaining product from end to tip 7 cm: I thought it could be an excellent idea to focus on one cream eyeshadow product each year. To make sure I am getting some use out of them before they dry out on me, as well as to defer me from buying a whole lot of them, just for them to sit in my collection and go bad. And as I used this in December 2019 I could feel it was not as creamy as when I purchased it, and it is the second oldest cream eyeshadow I have in my collection (after Maybelline color tattoo, which was in my "Beauty goals for 2019"), it was a no brainer to put it in this project. My goal? To use 2 cm of it this year.
Clarins - Lipliner pencil - 02 nude beige (1,2 g): Remaining product from end to tip 12,5 cm: I rarely use lip pencils at all, so as I have five of them in my stash, it was a perfect idea to put one of the older one into this project, as a reminder, both to use lip liners, and to defer me from buying any more of them. My goal is to use half of it up.

Other goals for 2020:

  1. No nail polish purchases
  2. No purchases just because there is a discount
  3. Maximum one cream eyeshadow purchase for the year 2020
  4. Maximum two eyeshadow palette purchases in 2020
  5. Keep an ongoing wishlist
  6. Only one lipstick purchase

Do you have plans to empty something in the coming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment